Simple Ways to Make Employees Feel Appreciated
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, 64 percent of working Americans leave their jobs because they feel underappreciated, and according to a Gallup poll, 70 percent of employees claim to receive no recognition or praise for their hard work.
Companies with “recognition-rich cultures,” on the other hand, had 31 percent lower turnover rates, according to a Bersin & Associates study, which surveyed over 800 different organizations of all sizes across the country.
Here are five easy ways to show employees you care:
- Offer company-wide incentives for meeting goals.
- Plan company-wide activities that bring everyone together and build team camaraderie.
- Spend time every day making the rounds and greeting employees.
- Offer unique, individual benefits to employees that are relevant to their interests.
- Allot time for employee appreciation at all-staff or departmental meetings.