Remote Repair and Drop-Off Service Tools Launches
Jan. 17, 2017—MyKaarma, a cloud-based conversational commerce software, announced on Monday the launch of its new Remote Repair & Drop Off Service that helps auto dealers better manage shuttle drivers and the customer pick up/drop off process, leading to increased customer satisfaction and retention.
“Dealerships are also unable to easily communicate the locations of the pickups and drop offs to their drivers,” said Ujj Nath, myKaarma CEO. “They have to perhaps call and read off addresses, which creates a lot of inefficiency. Another problem is last-minute cancellations. At some dealerships the shuttle schedule is planned the night before based on appointments received that day. However, the next day a customer might cancel and the driver gets no notification, so still goes to pick them up, which is highly inefficient.”
When the dealership driver is assigned, the customer gets a text message, can click on a link to track the driver, get a video of the inspection of their car, view their loaner vehicle, get status updates on their vehicle repair through the myKaarma app, and get a payment request with the invoice they can pay remotely. The customer can then coordinate a pickup time via text with their service advisor.
Upon completion of service, the customer receives a text message allowing them to review the invoice and then pay for it and when the dealership’s driver is on the way with their vehicle, the customer receives a text notification with an estimated time of arrival (ETA) and can track their progress.
The new Remote Repair & Drop Off Service allows auto dealerships to manage the following processes:
- Drop off of customers at any location near the dealership after the customer has delivered a vehicle for service.
- Pick up the customer from a location other than the dealership once vehicle service is completed.
- Miscellaneous pickups and drop offs of parts and other items to third parties near the dealership location.
- Pickup and delivery service for remote repair and maintenance. This includes the delivery of a loaner car, pick up of the customer’s car, delivery of the customer’s vehicle after repair and pick up of the loaner car.
- All transactions, including a video walk-around inspection by the driver for any pre-existing damage, are recorded and stored online for seven years, with complete traceability.
- Shuttle drivers can aggregate and route multiple customers to their drop-off/pickup points using routing and tracking software.